We are pleased to offer you;
- A ceremony hall that is welcoming and which can seat over 120 mourners, with ample standing room.
- Car parking for over 150 vehicles including accessible parking spaces, cycle racks and separate provision for horse drawn hearses
- Unhurried funeral services that are held every 60 minutes, allowing plenty of time for mourners to be seated and a maximum of 45 minutes for the service.
- Extended services available for an additional fee.
- Special arrangements for infant cremations.
- Services relayed outside to an undercover area with screens and speakers for large attendances.
- A facility to webcast the service throughout the world for relatives and friends living away. DVD copies of the webcast can be requested at a fee.
- Photographic tributes shown during the ceremony.
- A flower court for floral tributes.
- Hearing loop facilities for those with hearing aids.
- Dementia and disabled friendly.
- Ample toilets including accessible toilets, with baby change facilities in the waiting room.
- Well behaved dogs on a lead are welcome at our services.
- Bespoke ashes caskets are available.
We welcome floral tributes but as you will understand it is necessary for tributes brought to the crematorium for a funeral to be removed at some point during the following days. This is the schedule we work to:
|The day of the funeral||The removal day (early morning)|
|Tuesday & Wednesday||Monday|
|Thursday & Friday||Tuesday|
Please contact the crematorium office if you wish the flowers to remain longer and we will see what can be arranged. Once removed from the display area the tributes are dismantled and the flowers composted. Where possible any remaining material is recycled.
Visitors may lay cut flowers on the lawns throughout the Garden of Remembrance but please be aware that these are removed by the staff once they have withered. We ask that you please first remove any wrapping so that these flowers can also be composted.
Flowers placed in the remembrance book room are also removed when withered, and are added to the compost area.
The crematorium is operated in accordance with the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management Charter for the Bereaved (pdf)